Holiday Celebrations around the world during COVID -19
How do you celebrate the holidays?
- Any K-8th Students
- Middle School
The theme for the MA Art Competition is Celebrations Around the World during COVID-19. Since the COVID-19 pandemic occurred, it has impacted how we live and celebrate our holiday traditions. We want to see what this topic inspires in you and how it has changed your family traditions and celebrations during the holidays. Tell us a story through your drawings. Artwork can be realistic or abstract. You may include people and traditions in your artwork to give us an insight into what it means to you.
- Paint (watercolor, tempera, poster, acrylic, etc.)
- Drawing materials (pencil, charcoal, colored chalk, pastels, oil pastels, colored pencils, markers, etc.)
- Collage materials (cut and glued papers, such as construction paper, tissue paper, wrapping paper, aluminum foil, etc.)
- Prints (handmade stencils, gadget printing, collagraphs, block prints, etc.)
- Sculpting materials (clay, papier-mâché, etc.)
A selection of teacher judges and MASG Advisors will review artwork submissions based on the following criteria:
- Interpretation of the theme – Verbal or Written
- Technical skill
Submission of Artwork
You must send in your original artwork and a brief written or verbal description of your artwork to Mrs. Fishpaw at email@example.com.
- Create a digital image of your artwork by either of these methods:
• Scan your original artwork and description of your artwork to Mrs. Fishpaw at
firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and class.
• Take a digital photograph of your artwork. Save your digital photo at the largest size possible that does not exceed 1 MB. For example, a 5″ x 7″ digital photograph of your artwork should be large enough for judges to see detail while still being smaller than 1 MB. If your digital image is larger than 1 MB, you can use a photo editing program (such as Photoshop or Microsoft Office Picture Manager) to resize it by either lowering the resolution (DPI) or by shrinking the image dimensions.
- Save your digital image as a .jpg with your name and class.
Deadline for Entries
All entries must be received by no later than 5:00 PM on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Notification of Winners
Category winners will be announced on Thursday, December 17.